The Pacific Poker online poker website is a good one for all the Texas Hold’em enthusiasts. Add on the brand new poker software and newly added poker tournaments and you have a winner on your hands. Poker players using Mac and Linux need not worry having to miss out on this online poker website as they have introduced a down loadable version for them too. Easy playing across 4 poker tables simultaneously is possible through their upgraded poker software. Also they have a list of celebrity poker professionals with whom poker players can interact and gain knowledge on poker strategies in different poker games. They also have a lot of poker tables which have a big number of poker chips
Major positive features include:
- One of the best feature on this site is the no downloadable version that can be played online in a very easy manner. The Java based client is a very fast and usable one which makes playing poker online a very enriching experience.
- The Pacific poker website has great graphics and search functions which make the playing of poker a very nice experience. It allows many of the users to search for their favorite tables, best poker players and then join in t win money at the tables.
- One of the good news about Pacific Poker is that it has some of the worst players online. This is both a boon and a bane for the players. Novice players stand a great chance of winning at the high stake tables as the competition is not very tough but then the skilled players are not there if you want to test out your supreme poker skills against top notch players.
- One great feature is that first you get a 25% Instant Bonus (up to $100) then you earn the rest of your bonus (75% up to $300) by accumulating Comp Points. Collect 10 Comp Points per $1 of your first deposit and the rest of the bonus is yours.
- The Pacific Poker offers massive guaranteed tournaments and satellites to live events. It also supports completely automated import of Hold’em tournament and ring-game data to Poker Tracker (hand grabber software required)
Pacific Poker Software Review:
For a long while, Pacific Poker only allowed you to play one table at the time, but they’ve made great improvements to their software. Now you can play up to four simultaneous tables. Play flows without trouble, and thanks to the mini view you can fit all tables onto the screen even without first-class resolution. The look and feel of the poker client has also been hugely improved. A great deal of customization is possible and you can redesign your playing environment by choosing from a range of 3-D avatars, different card designs and different backgrounds. Pacific Poker has good note-taking functionality and statistical functions. There’s a great search function, and a Java client if you can’t download the Windows client. Because Pacific Poker software has evolved so much, it now meets the highest standards.
Pacific Poker Tournament Review:
Pacific Poker hosts many tournaments, with buy-ins as small as $1 and some higher-stakes tournaments with buy-ins in the hundreds of dollars. The tournaments are well populated, fast and very loose. Play at any level is among the loosest and juiciest out there, and even the bigger buy-in tournaments offer relatively loose play.
Aside from its crazy loose play, Pacific Poker is also known for its many small- and medium-sized guaranteed tournaments. Daily $1,000 and $20,000 tournaments draw a large number of players, as do the many qualifiers to big live and online poker events like the European Poker Tour, Aussie Millions and Irish Open. The biggest guaranteed tournaments are the weekly $100k and the daily tourneys, which range from the $10 buy-in $1k guaranteed to the $120 buy-in $80k guaranteed.
The game selection at Pacific Poker is very good with a wide variety of games available to players. The traffic to the sie is pretty large but it is mainly confined to the Texas Hold’em games and tables. It has one of the juiciest games online as competition is pretty decent even in the mid level stake tables. The customer support is pretty knowledgeable with live, telephonic and email support.
VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard, Diners Club, Solo, laser Debit Cards, Maestro, Bank transfer, Boleto, Deposito Refrenciado, European checks, E-checks, PayPoint Invoice, Wire transfers, Commerzbank OnlineBanking Web, Deutsche bank 24 Direct Debit, Dresdner bank InternetBanking, ELBA, Direct Debit, eNETS, hansabank, Neteller, InstaDebit, ClickandBuy, ACTeCASH, Moneybookers, ukash, bank transfer, PaysafeCard, EntroPay, PayPoint, Dankort debit card (Denmark), Nordea online bank account (Sweden/Finland), Paypal (Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and UK).
Visa, Mastercard, Debit Cards, Neteller, Moneybookers, wire transfer (direct bank account transfer) and bank draft (cashier’s check). Withdrawals are held for three days before processing.
Overall, Pacific Poker offers a very good user interface for the players to enjoy the experience of playing poker online. Their software is power packed with many features like the graphical display of historical hands which make life easier for the players and keeps them coming back for more. This way Pacific Poker has been able to build a great fan following. Real-money player statistics as of March 2009 show 2,000 ring-game players at peak hours and 8,000 tournament players at peak hours.