One of the oldest players in the online poker category, they moved online in 1934 to establish their presence in a fast growing online poker industry. European poker players have an affinity towards the poker rooms in William Hill, with a lot of playing info like poker strategies, poker rules, poker tutorials and tips etc.The poker software is very dependable and sturdy with poker games running very smoothly for even a large number of multi player poker tournaments. Multi currency deposits also ensure that all potential poker players have a chance to play at the wide variety of poker tables featuring the entire list of poker games right from Texas Hold’em to Razz poker.
Major positive features include:
- One of the biggest plus points that William Hill Poker has is the excellent interface that a player or a visitor has for finding bigger buy in for the tournament satellite games. These help the players concentrate on the smaller games to learn before entering the top tournaments to try their hand with the pros.
- As William Hill Poker is a part of the iPoker network, it has high quality of traffic and promotions that happen on the website. The players can expect guaranteed prize money of $16 million every month for their takings.
- Most of the pros that play on the William Hill Poker website are British nationals and it is no wonder that most of the players which come to the site are of European origin. There are big names like Keith “The Camel” Hawkins who are found on these rooms in this website.
- Because of the sports book presence the games at William Hill poker are largely loose and wild. Competition is pretty intense at the high stakes but the games in general are considered pretty loose and juicy with plenty of opportunities for even the novice players to win some money, particularly the micro stakes.
- Multi currency deposit and games are also available at William Hill Poker which makes it accessible to lots of players from different countries in the European region. It has a drawback of not accepting US players but as the website has UK origins, majority of the traffic flows in from the European region.
William Hill Poker Software Review:
William Hill Poker software got a boost after it joined into the iPoker network. The games now run smoothly and have decent playability even during the large multi player tournaments. The software support for statistics and player notes is really good. Taking notes is easy, and you can check the latest hand in a graphical display at the table. The clear and comprehensive at-the-table stats over your own play are another feature where William Hill beats the competition.
Graphics are a bit on the rough side, not in line with the best. The commonly accepted GUI standards are not valid here, which opens up for some funny-looking controls, radio buttons that are hard to read etc. If we were speaking of mobiles, William Hill would be one of those cheap values for money mobiles. It looks kind of okay but it doesn’t give you that top notch user experience. Resizing the tables is not an option available but there is a wonderful option of making the tables in a full screen mode..
William Hill Poker Tournament Review:
William Hill Poker offers a massive amount of guaranteed tournaments, with prize pools from £400 all the way up to the Sunday $250k. Other big tournaments are the Friday $150k $100 rebuy and the Saturday $50k. Besides the guaranteed tournaments, William Hill Poker usually offers plenty of qualifiers at all levels for big live and online poker events, such as the World Series of Poker and the European Poker Tour. Overlays don’t seem to be common though. Fields are typically around 800+ for the daily low stakes tournaments, and more like 100ish for the high-stakes ones.
The game selection at William Hill Poker is decent with most of the tournaments happening for Texas Hold’em no limit and fixed limit. Cash games at William Hill Poker can be a virtual gold mine if you can get to the right table at the right time. The support function at William Hill Poker is friendly and responsive. There are email, fax and telephonic support for the players as well.
VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, ClickandBuy, Moneybookers, Click2Pay, Paysafe card, ukash, Bank transfer, POLI, WebMoney, UseMyBank, EntroPay, wire transfer and bank draft, plus some local payment options.
VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, ClickandBuy, Moneybookers, Click2Pay, EntroPay, wire transfer, bank draft and personal check.
Overall William Hill Poker has benefited a lot from the merger with the iPoker network. It’s a top notch playing experience, with the added bonus of now being able to play with a no download software version which is actually at par with the real download software game. The merger had many effects, primary being the upgradation of the software which was the most necessary. The traffic coming in from the European countries has resulted in 10,000 ring game players and 55,000 tournament players in March 2009.